Monday, July 14, 2008

Rick and the Chick Flick!


Okay, let's just start by saying that I believe I have the best husband in the world! He's loving and attentive, hardworking, hilarious, handsome, considerate and I know he loves me dearly! Not to mention that he has a nice tushy!!! Now, with all that said, I do have a bone to pick with him and I'm wondering if anyone else goes through this same dilemma.

Rick and I love movies. It's a good thing I do because all you who know him know that he can quote just about any line from any movie he's ever seen. Now that Lauren and Josh have followed in their father's voice-imitating talents, I get playbacks from movies and TV shows on an hourly basis. In order for Rick to share his knowledge and talents with his offspring we must watch movies over and over again. This is where my problems lie.

Somehow, we end up watching repeatedly every Jim Carrey movie, as well as ones with Clint Eastwood. Movies like Rambo, Wall Street, Caddy Shack, The Matrix, Austin Powers movies, Ben Stiller movies, School of Rock, Raising Arizona, Field of Dreams, Talk Radio, Dr. Strange Love, the Terminator movies, and the ever famous Napoleon Dynomite are also viewed often. As a woman who loves her husband, I usually watch these movies with Rick and we play this game where we say lines and the other person tries to guess which movie it's from. I have stumped the old Rickster a handful of times, much to his pleasant surprise. Hey, I'd rather do this than watch him play a 4 hour long round of golf, even if he promises to let me drive the cart!!!!

We're a couple that likes to do things together so I just assumed that he would watch movies with me that I really like. Oh, but NOOOOOOO! Any of those "chick flick" things are off limits for him. How is Rick watching "The River Runs Through It" or "Dirty Dancing" any worse than me watching "Dumb and Dumber", huh? Can anyone explain this to me? Sleepless in Seattle vs. Zoolander!! Sex and the City vs. Superbad? I've seen all of HIS movies but he avoids my movies like the plague.

Am I alone in my movie melodrama? Anyone have a good name for guy movies, one that rivals the saying "Chick Flick"?

2 comments:

  1. I'm raising my hand with you there sister. I too am a "chick flick" orphan. Action, sci-fi, comedy .. Wayne will go with me. Sappy love story with me taking Kleenex to the theater? Forget it!! When we were in our "newlywed years" I did get him to watch "Beaches" with me and I think that's why he won't watch those movies anymore with me - it was too sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hon, I have to admit you're right this time....I do have nice tushy.

    R2

    ReplyDelete