Thursday, December 1, 2011

Polar Opposites? Maybe not!

There's a lot on my mind tonight. Feeling kind of numb. What I AM aware of is that there is something to be learned in everything and there's beauty and love in every crisis.

Today I witnessed absolute love and devotion in the midst of a life in the process of passing on. There was such beauty in every touch, word spoken, hand held, glance met. I've never experienced things like this before. Truthfully, I'm stunned and kind of having an out-of-body moment. How can there possibly be something magnificent in the middle of death?

A lot of people have there own opinions and answers. Mine is a 3-letter word. GOD! Who else could give me such a sense of wonder?

As I drove home tonight I noticed how black the sky is, and how bright and beautiful the moon and stars are. If I hadn't been overwhelmed and not needed any extra stimuli, I probably would have had the radio or iPod playing, rushing to get home. Instead I was silent (ya, I know. Hard to believe!!) and driving slowly (hush now!). Only in that space could I see the sky and the Heavens, the silhouette of huge oak trees and... a falling star.

Thank you, God, for this night, for what I witnessed, the precious moments with someone very near and dear to my heart and soul and the special bond we have that goes beyond words and, if I'm lucky, beyond this earthly realm. I will treasure this always!

No comments:

Post a Comment