Saturday, April 5, 2008

Whew.... It's Over!

I think this is a record! Lauren and I went prom dress shopping today and we bought the first dress in the first store we went to. Unbelievable!

I've been preparing myself for this momentous event because previous shopping trips, for clothes not nearly as important as a prom dress, have been a hair-straightening event (seeing as we both have curly hair). You know Lauren and you know me and sometimes that might lead to a confrontation or three!

Well, I pampered myself this morning with a nice, long bath (with candles) and sipped a Starbucks. Trust me, it was necessary, or so I thought. God is good and God knew that I needed something to be easy. We even lucked out with her jewelry, because I happened to wear today, on Lauren's good advice I must say, the necklace that just happens to match her dress perfectly. All we need is some alterations, some cute shoes and she's done. We're going to do a practice run-through of her hair style here at home and see if we can avoid the up do from the salon. Lauren's hair is so gorgeous that I don't think it will be hard to make it look stunning.


So, what do you think of my baby girl?


4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! SHE'S GORGEOUS AND SOOOO GROWN UP!! Where did the time go?
    I looooove the color! Its a beautiful dress on a beautiful girl ... I mean, young lady!
    What does Ricky think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's stunned, really. He is just taken back by how beautiful and grown up she is and concerned about her cleavage, all at the same time! Actually, he's right to be concerned about it. There's a lot to be "concerned about", if you know what I mean. In the store I had her bending every which way just to make sure nothing was going to be too scandelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren is BEAUTIFUL!! And of course a great choice in color too - you know how I'm a bit partial to PURPLE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's looks wonderful, Beth! I can SO relate to the clothes shopping adventure. Sarah started to be particular about clothes when she was 2. This made me decide to write a new blog post about our weekend fun with a hand-me-down dress! Diane

    ReplyDelete