Monday, November 16, 2009

"He's Not Finished With Me Yet!" - to quote a Heath

You know how you think back to something you wish you'd never done/said? I have many of those moments and just cringe when I think of things I'm not so proud of.

I often think about those times, as I watch Lauren and Josh go about their daily lives. Being the typical (in most aspects) teenagers that they are I hear them say things to people or do things that I can't believe. Don't get me wrong, my kids are great! For the most part, Rick and I are the ones that get the brunt of things from them. But..............like all youth, and some adults, with an underdeveloped prefrontal cortex, L and J lose their cool and blurt out something rude, crass or uncalled for. Sometimes I say something, which of course is met with a 'lovely' response from them, but most of the time it just needs to pass away as quickly as it came out. Ugh.

That's when I reflect back to my own actions and words when I was younger, and ... not so young. Double ugh! But, that's where my new favorite song comes in.

Have you heard of Brandon Heath? You HAVE GOT to hear his song Wait and See! Click on the link and you'll find 2 places, the song and the video, where you can hear it.

What does it say? I've highlighted my favorite parts of the lyrics:

I was born in Tennessee
Late July humidity
Doctor said I was lucky to be alive

I been trouble since the day that I got here
Trouble to the day that I disappear
That will be the day
That I finally get it right

CHORUS:
There is hope for me yet
Because God won't forget
All the plans He's made for me.
I'll have to wait and see
//He's not finished with me yet//

I never really was that good in school
I talked too much broke the rules
Teachers thought I was a hopeless fool alright.

I don't know how but I made it through
It's one of those things that you got to do
I always had a knack for telling the truth

CHORUS

Still wondering why I'm here
Still wrestling with my fear
But Oh! He's up to something

But the farther out I go
I see enough to know
That I'm not here for nothin'
He's up to somethin'

So now's my time to be a man
Follow my heart as far as I can
No tellin' where I'm endin' up tonight

I never slow down or so it seems
But singing my heart is one of my dreams
All I got to do is hold on tight

There is hope for me yet
Because God won't forget
All the plans He's made for me
I'll have to wait and see
////He's not finished with me yet////


God has plans for me. I have no idea what they are. Most of the time I'm only aware of what God doesn't have planned for me. Sometimes I don't like those plans and therefore, react. The older I get I do realize that God does have something in store for me, more than I'm doing now. But I really do have to wait and see!

God isn't finished with Lauren or Josh or Rick or me! Thank God for that! We're a family holding on tight to our faith that there is some amazing future plan for each one of us. I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment