Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ding Dong!

Ding, dong. That's the sound that my new washer, dryer and dishwasher make when they're finished. Unbelievable! No annoying "ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" buzzing sound now.

The dishwasher started acting weird about 3 months ago and we've basically been washing the dishes by hand for the past 2 weeks. We got Rick's bonus (woo hoo) and off to Home Depot we went. After picking the dishwasher we walked past the washer/dryer sets. Our washer is only 7 years old but it's pretty crappy and has been from the get go. The newest problem has been that the drains for the Downey fabric softener to be released into the rinse cycle clog with some kind of gunk (ick!). The Downey has no where to go except out the top of the machine and all over the underside of the lid.

Anyways, they were having a great sale on LG appliances and so we got all 3. They arrived yesterday, so this morning all three units were filled to the brim and cleaning/drying away. They are so quiet it's unbelievable. Rick and I spent about 10 minutes going from the laundry room to the kitchen and back, watching them work and listening to ..... well, hardly anything. The washing machine is also one of those front loaders. We were so excited! Yea, I know, it doesn't take much to entertain us these days.

When the cycles are done, there is this polite ding dong, ding dong sound. I think the washer, dryer and dishwasher have slightly different ding dong sounds (you know, different combos of dings and dongs) that I'll have to learn. Right about now you are all thinking I'm pretty much a ding dong myself, right? Don't nod too vigorously!

Rick doesn't care who dings or dongs. He's just excited that some laundry and dishes are getting done. Did I mention that I'm a wee bit behind in ummm.... just about everything?

So, how long do you think it will take before my new machines grow old and my laundry piles up again?

3 comments:

  1. I have one now too. What is Angela's blog name. Maybe now I can keep up with my family near and far. This is really neat. Love your blogs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO wanting a front loading washer - especially the ones that can wash your entire wardrobe in one load! And, quiet to boot - you can't ask for much more than that!
    Eddie picked out our current dryer when we moved to Dallas - and let me tell you, its been a kink in our marriage ever since ... JUST BECAUSE of the obnoxios buzzer (that you CAN'T turn off!!!)
    I think he owes me.
    Enjoy your dishes and laundry ... if only for a while!
    Is rowe with the waves Susan?? Pass my info on, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your blog. I don't know how excited I would be over a washer and dryer. Now, a refridgerator and stove, that's exciting. You love to clean and I love to eat. You are doing so great. I'm weak. I am going back to work. It's only for 54 days. We will have to continue are hero lunches in June which will be just in time for your birthday. Why don't you include Lakota, Ali, and Astro. They make life fun too! Look forward to hearing more. You always make me laugh. So when I type LOLSHIWMP you will know I am laughing out loud so hard I wet my pants. I guess LOL will have to do.

    ReplyDelete