Monday, March 3, 2008

The First Day




So, I'm asking myself why I'm creating a blog. Is it to keep our loved ones up to date on events in our lives? Is it to let my friends and family share/commiserate in the soap opera which is my life? Is it to give myself another way of expressing my thoughts and feelings? I guess it's all of the above, and maybe a few more that I don't know of yet.

I've been inspired by my sister-in-law, Angela. I absolutely love reading her blog! I laugh out loud when she tells funny stories about her kids. I feel empathy when I hear of her struggles. I try new things based on her experiences. Most of all, I feel like I have a connection with her and her family, even though they live far away from us.

Hopefully, as I get the hang of this, you'll be able to come here and take a peek into our daily lives (as painful as that might be!) and walk with us on our adventure. It's never dull around here, I guarantee you that!

3 comments:

  1. Beth, you are off to a great start! I'll be reading....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how EXCITED I am!!!
    Yay for you!! You'll be GREAT! I can't wait to read about all the Rainey zany-ness! I love the clever title!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I opened your e-mail telling of your new blog, I was originally thinking of our Beth Rainey...so when the pics of the kids pop up, I was thinking "Why does Beth have pictures of Josh and Lauren on her blog?". I'm so kooky. Good for you for starting this...I can't wait to read all about what you guys are up to. I'm so sorry we missed seeing you guys at Christmas...I always think when we finish one thing things will slow down, but they never do. Thank you for the gift card, too. I hope you guys are doing well and not too busy. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete