Friday, March 7, 2008

Oh, that happy family!














So, here are our latest photos taken at the church. Actually, they were taken in August but I'm just now getting around to making sure all family has a photo or two. I don't want to be pushy with my friends so I haven't offered them to you yet. If you want one let me know. My feelings won't get hurt if you don't ask, I promise.

I'm so excited about these photos because it's the first picture in several years that Josh has agreed to smile. You know, it drives me crazy. The boy is a total goof ball at home but you get a camera around him and he shows the sourest face he's got. What's up with that! Don't Lauren and Josh actually look like they like each other. I know, I was impressed with their acting skills too!

We always have a funny story about our church photos. The first family one we took, when Lauren was about 2 and Josh was a newborn turned out hilarious. Josh was only a few weeks old and we were still learning how to deal with 2 kids. I had to feed Josh right before we left, but we were ALL dressed and ready to go. While I was feeding Josh, Lauren went up to her room, got out the vaseline and put it all over her hair. We tried to wash it out (even used some Tide) but that grease wouldn't budge. So, we combed it the best we could and off we went, so we wouldn't be late for our sitting. Remember how big Lauren's head was as a baby!! It was huge. She also had very thin, straight blond hair then and not much of it. So, if you can imagine adding vaseline to that, she looked like a giant melon head. She sure did have a beautiful smile on her face. She thought her hair looked lovely because she'd "done it" herself.

Well, on this photo shoot, we had to retake any photos with Rick in the shot. He cut his neck shaving while getting ready, and because he's on blood thinners the nick on his neck would not stop oozing. So, he stuck a piece of toilet paper to it and off we went, so we wouldn't be late for our sitting. Sound familiar? We took our shots, stepped aside for the photographer to take the shots of the kids and I noticed the big white blob of toilet paper stuck to Rick's neck! The photographer hadn't noticed it because he thought it was the backside of the button on Rick's shirt (you know how some shirts have that white mess of thread on the other side of the button?). We looked on the proofs and, sure enough, there was the bloody TP! Luckily, the bleeding was over by then and we retook our family pics. Not bad, huh?

2 comments:

  1. You're officially on my bloglines list!! So keep those posts comin'!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures. Can't believe how much the "kids" have grown. Even Ricky. LOL!
    Just kidding!
    There's never a dull moment, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! I love the picture story! hee hee Isn't amazing how that photographer got the kids to actually look like they liked each other? I have a similar one of Zachar and Zoe - I'll have to scan it in and share too. :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete