Friday, May 2, 2008

Do Me a Favor, Will 'Ya?

Something is driving me crazy! It shouldn't, I know I'm being silly, it plays into my people pleasing nature that I'm working hard to get rid of, and yet I can't stop myself from the thoughts. What is "It", you ask? Well, I'm going bonkers over the fact that hardly anyone is commenting on my postings. There, I said it. The awful truth is out and I'm slightly ashamed!

At first I was having so much fun joining the world of blogging that I didn't notice the comments. Then, as I started to figure things out and visit other blogs I realized how much people comment. They are always fun to look at, see who came to the blog and what they thought about the postings. I don't write about what you think I'll say, cuz no one knows what goes on in this wild mind of mine, but I love to see how you've responded to what I wrote. I guess I want to know that my blog has a purpose and that I'm not just blogging to myself. If that were the case, then I wouldn't need to worry about spell checking and what color font I use. You know me; it's all about communication, baby! AND communicating is a TWO-WAY street. No, I'm not yelling (although I know that's what capital letters are supposed to mean). I'm just being emphatic in a kind way.

I've considered blocking comments for good, to stop the craving for more comments on my posts. I've tried to tell myself that just because you don't comment doesn't mean you're not reading my blog. I know this because a few of you are telling me how much you enjoy my site, and I appreciate that. But, nah, that's not enough! I want comments!

So, this is your assignment.................. Find the post that you've enjoyed the most from my blog and comment on it. Just this one time! I promise, after that I'll leave you alone. Angela, you comment often and are about to have your 4th baby, so you're off the hook. Hilary, you also comment frequently and have a lot going on, so you can be exempt from the task. The rest of you, GET BUSY!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I got off easy!
    Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a way to let people know when you post like they do on Caringbridge. On Caringbridge when people "subscribe" to my journal they get notified when I post new stuff. Something for me to go "figure out" huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I feel the same way! And I will sometimes check to see if people have commented on my posts. Now that I've been commenting on your most recent posts, I have to say I just can't stand that darn word verification code - that really puts me off! Diane

    ReplyDelete