Tuesday, May 6, 2008

When I Grow Up!

Today, Rick and I attended the funeral of a friend from our Sunday School class. Mike Konicki's service at our church was the most unbelieveable thing I've ever seen. Never have I seen so many people at our church, not even on Easter or Christmas, and all of them said the same thing: what an amazing human being Mike was. The last time we saw him in class, he had no hair, was covered with a rash and was obviously not doing well. Still, he grasped everyone's hand in a sturdy hand shake and wore that huge smile on his face. Then he and DeLin turned to me and asked about my parents and told us they were praying for our family! Incredible.

Here's a link to the story and video about Mike on Channel 2's coverage of the service. Make sure you click on the link below the photo of the firefighter saluting. That will take you to the video about the service, the procession from Mike's high school, where he was head football coach, to our church. Take a look at this story, or this one and hopefully you'll get a small glimpse into why we'll all miss Mike so very much.

When I grow up I want to be like that!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an incredible guy! I'll have to check out the link. Diane

    ReplyDelete